Ultrasound at M&M Medical Centre
Ultrasound imaging, also known as sonography, is a test that measures echoes through the body in the form of sound waves.
An image is created based on the amplitude (strength), frequency, and time it takes for the sound signal to return from your body to the transducer and the type of body structure the sound travels through.
Our Abdominal, Obstetric, and Vascular Ultrasound Services
At M&M Medical Centre, we offer the following ultrasound services in our clean, comfortable testing rooms:
- General ultrasound for women and men to diagnose abnormalities of the abdominal organs, including uterine fibroids and ovarian cysts.
- Obstetric ultrasound to determine how far along a woman is in her pregnancy, or diagnose problems that may be associated with the pregnancy.
- Vascular ultrasound screenings for women and men to image blood vessels and arteries.
Our board-certified radiologists and perinatologists:
- Interpret your ultrasound exam.
- Deliver the results to your doctor, via our state-of-the-art computer system. If your images are ever needed, they can be accessed by any UPMC hospital or facility at any time of the day or night.
- Work with your doctor to determine an accurate diagnosis and develop an treatment plan.